Having a morning and evening routine is so powerful. The morning routine sets you up for a kick-ass day and sends you out into the world with an ‘I can take on anything’ attitude. And a night routine helps you fall asleep quicker and into a deeper sleep.
Since dry body brushing my skin has become smoother, more even and I have even got rid of cellulite.
Here are 13 reasons to start dry body brushing:
- Spreads energy through the chakras.
- Opens the pores to release stored toxins.
- Softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them for discharge.
- Allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite and toxins to actively discharge to the surface rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs.
- Relieves stress through meditative action of rubbing the skin.
- Calms the mind.
- Promotes circulation.
- Activates the lymphatic system, especially when scrubbing underarms and groin.
- Easy massage and deep self-care.
- Can be a sacred moment in your day, especially if done with candlelight and a drop or two of essential oil, such as lavender.
- Creates a profound and loving relationship with the body, especially parts not often shown care, and especially for a person with body image problems.
- Reduces muscle tension.
- Reenergises in the morning and deeply relaxes you at night.
You can brush anywhere from 2 – 20 minutes depending how much time you have, obviously the longer the better. You can even turn it into a moving meditation if you like. Light some candles, dim the lights and start giving your body some love.
- Do not brush over sunburn or inflamed or irritated skin.
- Avoid breasts & genitalia area.
- Wash brush before use to remove dead skin cells.
- It has a deeper physical, mental and emotional effect if done at the sink and not in the shower.
- Brush from your feet upward and toward your heart.
- Brush from left to right side of your body.